Fix OST Corruption Manually
First, you can try fixing OST corruption manually. Microsoft provides free OST Repair Tool (Scanost.exe) to resolve OST corruption problems. But, before you run this tool, you need to check a few things like:
- Check your internet connection if it’s working fine.
- Search the corrupt OST file and rename it. Try opening it again with MS Outlook. If the problem is minor or with the naming of the file, it might resolve the issue.
- Check user profile details provided in MS Outlook and Exchange Server. Details provided must be correct.
- Check if network cable, router and other hardware components are working fine.
- Also ensure that there is no software failure.
- You can also trying resolving the issue by creating a new Outlook profile. Delete the current Outlook profile and replace it with the new one. You can create a new Outlook profile from Control Panel of your system.
If the error persists, use Scanost.exe utility. However, the utility has its own limitations. It can repair OST files with minor corruptions only. Using Scanost.exe involves numerous steps and it can lead to data loss as well. Data recovery experts do not really recommend the use of OST Repair Tool because of same sort of reasons.
However, if you still want to give it a shot, here is the default location of the tool - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE (version of Outlook).
If you’re looking for a reliable and convenient option, then using a professional third-party tool is the best option. OST to PST recovery is the prominent tool for this purpose. It easily makes corrupt OST files accessible by repairing and converting them to Outlook PST format. It’s easy to operate and cost-effective.
OST Repair Tool
OST Repair tool is a rarely advanced tool with extraordinary data recovery features. The tool deals with all kinds of OST corruption issues effectively. It easily repairs and converts corrupt OST files to PST format in almost no time. Apart from PST, the tool provides multiple saving options such as:
- Option to save recovered OST files in DBX, EML, HTML, RTF, PDF, MHTML, TXT, MBOX, and MSG formats
- Option to export recovered OST files to cloud Office 365, MS Exchange Server, Novell GroupWise, Lotus Domino, Google Apps, Gmail, Yahoo, iCloud, Outlook.com, and AOL
Apart from saving options, the tool offers some other interesting features as well. Let’s have a look at them:
- Complete recovery of all mailbox items from corrupt OST files
- Search option to locate particular items
- Preview of repaired OST files
- Easy recovery of large size OST files
- Recovery of all email properties (to, from, cc, bcc, subject, time and date)
- Compatible with all latest and older versions of MS Outlook, MS Exchange Server and Windows OS
- Offers user-friendly interface and features
Free trial version
A free demo version of the OST Repair tool is also available. It gives an idea about the software’s functionality. Simply download it and start using it. However, to save repaired OST files at desired location, you need to purchase the software.
The tool has been applauded by clients across the globe for its extraordinary features, cost-effectiveness and easy interface. Let’s see what clients say about the tool.